Recipe: Rasta Pasta
Wah better than spicy, succulent jerk chicken? Jerk chicken added to creamy pasta with crunchy, colourful peppers, of course!
A taste and texture sensational that will have you singing sweet reggae tunes and dancing whilst you yam away at yuh bowlful.
- 2 chicken breasts diced (raw or cooked)
- 4 tbsp jerk marinade (add more or less depending on personal taste)
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 different coloured peppers, julienned
- 150ml double cream
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g penne pasta, boiled according to packet instructions
1. On medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil to the pan and sautée the spring onions and peppers for a few minutes, until soft. Remove from the pan to a plate.
2. Heat the remaining oil and add the garlic and jerk marinade, frying for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken, mix well and cook through. If the meat is already cooked, just cook long enough to heat through.
4. Now, pour in the stock and double cream. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the peppers and spring onions back to the pan along with the cooked pasta. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with more spring onions or parsley and serve.
By Nirvana Ramtirat at Pepperpot Marinades (@pepperpot_kitchen)