Colours Carnival Home Lime recipes: Coconut corn on the cob
Here's a fingerlickin' recipe fuh mek yuh mouthwata leak! Full up yuh house with the sweet, spicy, herby smell of some coconut milk corn on the cob. You'll keep coming back to de pot!
- 4 ears of corn, cut in half
- 400ml coconut milk
- 200ml water
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 whole garlic clove, peeled
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Black pepper and salt to taste
1. Add all the ingredients to a large pot and bring to the boil.
2. Once the coconut broth starts to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 -20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the corn.
3. The garlic clove, thyme sprigs and the scotch bonnet will have infused the broth nicely. Remove them and serve the corn on a platter, pouring the thick, creamy broth over them... or just eat them right out of the pot. Who can blame yuh?! They smell amazing!
By Nirvana Ramtirat at Pepperpot Marinades (@pepperpot_marinades)